set about fitting the swing arm, needed to clean up the inside of the frame where the swing arm bush and moisture seals sit, so the swing arm is a tight but workable fit.
then went to work on the battery box, as i have fitted cross bracing where the front of the box sits, i have had to adjust the way the box sits within the space left for it. i managed to adjust the front mounting to allow the box to sit at a slight angle, so it fits in the frame and there is still lots of clearance from the bottom of the seat once closed. i am going to have to make some spacer rods/brackets to hold the rear of the battery box as it now sits proud of its original seating. as for the seat, i fitted the mountings from the other seat i had and then mounted the seat lock, also mounted the tank to check that it all sits where it is meant to, sits just as it should and locks there.
then set about removing bits from the engine so i can clean them up and get the engine rubbed down and cleaned up ready for a coat of paint. will probably get the sump, cam cover and generator off to the powder coaters. the starter motor, generator end plate and some other small bits i will paint when i do the engine.
on a side note does anyone know what is the best of the two generators i have with my bandit lump? the first one was fitted to the engine the second one came in a box of spares.
I would think it depends on which battery you want to use. The first is the B12 generator which is made for sealed batteries, the second is an older generator made for oldskool batteries. Whatever you do, if you swap the generator, make sure the driven gear is the same amount of teeth.
And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world.
Then He made the earth round... and laughed and laughed and laughed...
made some plugs for some of the holes left in the engine after i have removed some of the bits, so when i give it a good wash and rub down i dont fill it with shit and water. stripped down the wheels and removed the bearings ready for coating, just need to get the tyres removed, then i will take them in with the engine bits. went on to the internet and ordered all the new bearings and dust seals ready for the wheel re build. i am going to get the wheels done semi gloss (satin) black.
have arranged to take all the bits for painting down to my mate on Saturday. yesterday re assembled the rear shock springs using my home made spring compressor, worked a treat and with the help of some rubber packing to stop any damage to the new coating, got the shocks ready to re fit to the bike. ordered some more s/steel bolts for the engine mounts and fork clamps.
set about cleaning and degreasing the engine tonight, sat the engine in a drip tray and set about it with some de greaser then some hot water and multi purpose cleaner, got a lot of it off, but think i am going to have to take the engine to work and give it a good going over with the steam cleaner, that should remove the last of the hard to get to bits.