have just dropped the cam cover and some of the engine cases in at the coaters with the wheels and sprocket carrier. will get the sump done when i have the engine in the frame. dropped off the exhaust adapters at my mate to machine some more metal off, the new Akra has mounting sleeves that are just a little bit too big to fit inside my adapters, they will fit soon. got some wheel bearings and pro bolt bits delivered today
Looks great, I had my engine soda blasted before painting
Did you get it done in one piece?
Probably a bit late now but yes, one piece then had the crankcases painted with two pack same as the frame, and the barrels dusted in with pj1 they need another coat but can be done in the frame, ill see if I can get a picture up later when I'm on laptop
cheers swirl, gave the engine another going over with the degreser and a stiff brush, took a lot more loose paint off, going to leave it over night then take the pressure cleaner to it tomorrow, hopefully get all the rest of the grease and loose paint off leaving it ready for some paint. cleaned off the starter motor and generator with some degreser and scotchbrite, both cleaned up very well, so they will also get some paint over the weekend.
cleaned down the engine again with de greaser, then fitted some Pair valve blanking plates to the front of the block. went onto e-bay and got some more Ti bolts for fitting the rear sets. ordered the last of the sprocket carrier bearings and oil seals. three tins of PJ1 came through the post, so got enough to do a few coats to the engine when i get started. still waiting on a call from the powder coating place to say my wheels and bits are ready.
wheels and other bits that went for powder coating are now done, will be going to collect tomorrow afternoon, so pics when they are with me. will hopefully try to get the engine painted some time this weekend.
went and collected the wheels and other bits from the coaters, bearings and seals also turned up, so now i have all the bits to put the wheels back together. first thing i did on the way home was call into the tyre shop and got my tyre's re fitted, will take them back to get ballanced once bearings and seals are in place
painted the disc inner's, cleaned out the disc bolt holes with a tap and inserted the bearings and moisture seals. fitted the discs with new Ti bolts. also did the rear disc, but it looks like it has been done before with a cheap paint! when i gave it a coat of PJ1 it lifted the previous paint, so i will have to do it again tomorrow.