Spent hours over the weekend making this level & then a few mins to do it's first ever job ! Faced off / parted a few pieces of tube to size, they are going to act as cups for the rubbers to sit in. Ahh got a bit ahead of myself there, made an alloy plate to go in the tail piece to mount the electrics on, using some rubber isolation mounts with one of the threaded ends cut off. This is how the rubbers work with the plate, going to get the plate milled out to make recesses where the individual parts go which is why I used 6mm alloy. Cups tac'd in place. Plate rubbers pushed into place. Will be something like this, fuseblock, Ultrabat, Dyna 2000, starter relay, not a lot of room but it all fits, not using that actual relay but will be similar.
I don't post much on here as I currently don't have an old skool bike but I keep lurking because the quality of the bike's is phenomenal,and Mr S your attention to the details is fantastic ,that is the difference between great and sublime fabrication
Thanks for all your comments.. been spending too much time again on something that won't be seen !! Before starting the seat base I made a cable tunnel Profiled & re plated a section of tube to suit. Doing that makes it easier to run cables over or under the anti vibration electronics plate.
First time the painted tank has been on for a year or so...
Getting closer to designing the seat & base, reason for the metal bodywork inside the tail section in that my tent fits inside a Kriega US10 drybag, has always been the plan to have that on the tail piece & rear section of seat.
Got some seat inspiration from the Racefit 88
Wanted the seat to flow more with the tail, cardboard & tape is the way to go !!
From that worked out an extra bit of frame I need to add to give the seat base the shape I wanted.
Which I then made out of 3mm & tac'd to the frame, these two extra plates will also be where the seat attaches to the frame & also I have some Kriega luggage loops that fold out of the way, they fit here also except lost the damn pictures !!
Another pic with the metal sections in.
Lastly, this pic does not show very well but I placed the 3mm plates in the middle of the subframe tube because there is a line on the tank & tail piece that flow into it nicely and likewise the bottom of the tank is level with the bottom of the tube so it does all work.